Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cute DIY Notebooks

I made these for some friends that are also photography majors.  We are supposed to keep track of all of our ideas.  So I thought this would be a creative and convenient way for them to write all of their ideas down.

First, you'll need:
1. Notecards (4x6)
2. Plain Cardstock- you can buy a pack of 100 cards (4.5x6.5)
3. Scrapbook paper
4. Binder Rings
5. Glue
6. Hole Punch
7. Any items to decorate with
Cardstock pack
Scrapbook paper- I personally love patterns and textures
I made little cameras for the cover since they are photo majors
Steps:
1. Design and create the cover.  These are the ones I did.




2. Decide how many dividers you want.  I used five for each book.  I titled them "ideas", "inspiration", "photography", "quotes", and left one blank so they can add their own as well.
3. Cover the divider pages with scrapbook paper.  I just traced the cardstock on the back of the scrapbook paper, cut it out, and glued it to the cardstock.  I also only did one side, since that's all they will see. I used the scraps to make little tags for divider titles.  Also, punch holes in them so they will fit on the binder rings.




4. Decide how many notecards you want in between each divider page.  I used ten for each, I used the binder rings so that they can add their own if they decide to.  Start to hole punch them so they will fit with the divider pages.

5. Make a back cover. I did this by taking four pieces of cardstock and adding scrapbook paper to both sides.  This makes the back of the book a little more durable.


6. Put the book together with the binder rings.



1 comment: